Your consent is required for the use of certain cookies. We do this by means of a ‘cookie banner’.
The types of cookies used and their purposes
We use the following types of cookies:
– Functional cookies: these enable us to improve the functioning of the website and makes it more user-friendly for the visitor.
– Anonymised analytical cookies: these ensure that an anonymous cookie is generated each time you visit a website. These cookies know whether you have visited the site before. A cookie is created only on the first visit; for subsequent visits only the existing cookie is used. This cookie is only used for statistical purposes. The following data can be collected:
• the number of unique visitors
• how often users visit the site
• which pages users view
• for how long users view a particular page
• the page where visitors leave the site
– Analytical cookies: these ensure that a cookie is generated every time you visit a website. These cookies know whether you have visited the site before. A cookie is created only on the first visit; for subsequent visits only the existing cookie is used. This cookie is only used for statistical purposes. The following data can be collected,:
• which pages you have viewed.
• how long you stayed on a certain page
• the page at which you left the site
– Our own Tracking cookies: this lets us know whether you have also been to any other websites in our network. The resulting profile is not linked to your name, address, email address, etc., but only serves to match advertisements to your profile to ensure that they are as relevant as possible for you. We ask your consent to place these cookies.
– Other parties’ cookies: this keeps track of which pages you visit on the internet in order to build up your personal profile. The resulting profile is not linked to your name, address, email address, as known to us, but serves only to match advertisements to your profile to ensure that they are as relevant as possible for you. We ask your consent to place these cookies.
– Social media-related cookies: allow social media such as Facebook and LinkedIn to record which articles and pages you share using their social media sharing buttons. They may also contain tracking cookies that track your browsing behaviour on the internet.
– Site improvement cookies: these cookies allow us to test various versions of a web page to find out which pages are most frequently visited.
Your rights with regard to your data
You have the right to access, rectify, limit and erase your personal data. You also have the right to object to the processing of personal data and the right to data portability. You can exercise these rights by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To prevent abuses we may ask you to provide proper identification. If you want to view personal data linked to a cookie, you will need to send us a copy of the cookie in question. You will find this in your browser settings.
Blocking and deleting cookies
You can easily block and delete cookies yourself at any time via your internet browser. You can also set your internet browser so that you receive a message when a cookie is placed. You can also indicate that certain cookies may not be placed. For this option, please see the help function of your browser. Deleting the cookies in your browser may have implications for your user experience on this website.
Some tracking cookies are placed by third parties who display advertisements to you via our website, for example. You can delete these cookies centrally at www.youronlinechoices.eu.
Please be aware that if you do not want to store cookies, we can no longer guarantee that our website will work properly. Some of the site’s features may be lost, or you may not be able to visit certain parts of the website at all. Nor does refusing cookies mean that you will not see any advertisements at all. The advertisements are no longer tailored to your interests and may therefore be repeated more often. How to adjust your settings varies from browser to browser. If necessary, see the help function of your browser.
New developments and unforeseen cookies
It is also possible that cookies are placed through our websites without our always being aware of this. Have you found any unforeseen cookies on our website that you cannot find in our list? If so, please let us know by sending an email to email@example.com.
We will need to update these statements from time to time, such as when we modify our website or change the rules on cookies. The latest version will be given on this website. If you have any further questions or comments, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
12 June 2018